Preparation time: 24 Hours
Cooking time: 60
Easy - for beginners
Serves: 4 - 6
Spice up those Beets!
- 250g Baby Beetroot or Large cut into 2cm chunks.
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 2 Chilli’s - Birdseye or Naga if you like it hot! Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of sugar and salt
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Cut off stalk and boil beetroot for 60 minutes. (Checking softness after 40 minutes by squeezing between forefinger and thumb)
- Once done set aside to cool.
- Mix together all other ingredients in a pan and boil for 2 minutes, allowing sugar and spices to infuse into vinegar and oil.
- Once beets have cooled, peal and add to marinade or dice into small 2 cm chunks and add to marinade.
- Ensure marinade covers all of beetroot, seal bowl with cling film and leave overnight.
- Serve with a lovely salad or other accompaniment.
The same method can be used for Honey & Ginger Infused, using Soy Sauce, White Wine Vinegar, Stem Ginger, Honey and Pinch of Sugar. Or the Balsamic Beetroot by infusing in White Wine Vinegar, Balsamic Vinegar and Pinch of Sugar.