Preparation time: 10min + 5min
Cooking time: 1hr + 1hr cooling time
A creamy baked cheesecake, using condensed milk instead of sugar ... comparable to the New York cheesecake (if I must say so myself ;).
- STEP 1
- > 75g butter, melted
- > 175g digestive biscuits
- > 1 tbsp maple syrup
- STEP 2
- > 225g philadelphia cheese or other cream cheese, softened
- > 2 eggs
- > 400g sweetened condensed milk
- > 2 tsp vanilla extract
- STEP 3
- > 50g butter, softened
- > 50g icing sugar
- > 100g dulce de leche (shop bought)
- > Cook a can of condensed milk in boiling water for 1hr until the condensed milk is a caramel colour and very thick. If using this method, then skip the butter and icing and just spread a layer ontop of the cheesecake.
- Preheat oven to 150 celsius.
- Put digestive biscuits in a sealable bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Melt butter over low heat or in microwave.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and maple syrop.
- Press evenly on bottom of 9 inch pie pan.
In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, beating until smooth.
Add vanilla and eggs, mix well.
Pour ontop of biscuits base..
Bake for 1 hour, turn off oven but leave cheesecake in over for an additonal hour.
Refrigerate at least 6 hours until firm.
- beat the butter, icing sugar & dulce de leche together.
- pour over top of cooled cheesecake to create a glaze.