Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Easy - for beginners
Serves: approx 4 bottles
A refreshing bush lemon cordial to mix with sodawater, mineralwater, rainwater or your favourite glass of Aussie beer.
- 2kg castor sugar
- 1 litre water
- 35g citric acid
- 600ml lemon juice (approx 8 medium lemons, bottled is also fine)
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Dissolve sugar & citric acid fully in water over low heat.
- Cool slightly before stirring in juice & zest.
- Bottle into clean, dry wine bottles (makes approx 4).
- Dilute to taste with water, soda water,
mineral water or in a chilled glass of your favourite beer : )