Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Easy - for beginners
Super easy, filling, homemade burrito. the chicken and veggies are sauteed in the bacon fat, giving them a lovely flavor. Who doesn't love bacon?
- 4 frozen chicken tenders, slightly thawed, 1/2" diced
- 2 strips thick bacon, 1/2" diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2" strips
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 package Goya Red Beans and Rice
- 2 1/2c water
- 2T cooking oil
- 1T Adobo Seasoning
- 1T Lemon Pepper
- 1T Tony Sachere’s Cajun Seasoning
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Salsa or Echilada Sauce
- Flour Tortillas
- Prepare the rice according to the box, using the water and vegetable oil. while it cooks, prepare the meat and vegetables.
- fry the bacon until the fat starts to liquefy, then add the chicken, seasoned with Adobo, Lemon Pepper and Cajun seasoning. stir frequently over med-high heat, until chicken is browned and bacon is completely cooked.
- strain meat from bacon drippings, and add chopped onions, cook till soft, then add peppers and cook to desired tenderness.
- place a tortilla on a plate, and layer with cheese, rice, veggies, meat, sour cream and sauce/salsa.