Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Easy - for beginners
Serve this hearty meal with whole wheat bread and green salad!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, peeled and
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon each dried
- basil, oregano, and
- garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- Spray nonstick cooking spray in a large skillet.
- Brown turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is
cooked through and onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings. Simmer over
medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes more. Serve while hot.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 181, Carbohydrate 13 g,
Dietary Fiber 4 g, Protein 21 g, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g,
Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 57 mg, Sodium 462 mg