Cooking time: 3 hours
A hearty stew, great for winter.
- 2 lbs. stewing beef (in cubes)
- 4 onions, whole
- 6 sliced carrots
- 6 celery sticks (cut in pieces)
- 7 potatoes (cut in chunks)
- 1/2 turnip (cut in chunks) if desired
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 heaping tbsp. of flour
- Dash of parsley
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 small can of tomato juice(19 oz. size/800 ml)
- 1/2 can of water
Combine first ingredients in roast pan. Mix other ingredients in bowl. Pour over meat & veg (there should be enough liquid to almost cover veggies, although they can stick out). Cover. Bake in 300 degree oven for 3 hours.