The Recipe Binder website (the Website) is intended to encourage communication and information sharing. I want all visitors to the Website to have a safe, interesting and friendly experience. Accordingly, please make sure you read through this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”), which sets out the terms under which you may access the Website. The AUP applies to all users of, and visitors to, the Website and supplements the Website Terms. Your use of this Website means that you accept and agree to abide by this AUP.
I may need to revise this AUP from time to time by amending this page. Please review this page regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes I make as they are legally binding on you.
What you can’t do on this Website
You may not use the Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable laws or regulations;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- for any commercial purposes, including advertising or selling any goods or services on a commercial basis;
4 in any manner that infringes or breaches any third party intellectual property rights (“IPR”), including without limitation any copyright, trade marks, design rights, trade secrets, domain names, patents, moral rights and performance rights, whether registrable or otherwise and whether registered or not;
- to transmit or arrange the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or to knowingly transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid selling schemes or chain letters;
- to harm or attempt to harm children in any way; or
- in any manner that would contravene the Computers Misuse Act 1990.
All your contributions to the Website must comply with the following standards.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with all applicable laws in the UK and any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must NOT:
- involve disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour. Contributions must be constructive and polite. They may not be contributed with the intention of invading anyone’s privacy, of being threatening, abusive, offensive, upsetting or embarrassing or of causing trouble, annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- contain unlawful or objectionable content. Material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially, sexually or religiously offensive or otherwise objectionable is not acceptable.
- infringe anyone else’s rights. Your contributions must not violate, plagiarise or infringe the rights of any third party including any copyright, database right, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights of any kind.
- promote illegal or anti-social behaviour. Contributions must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- misrepresent their origins. Contributions may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or to give the impression that they emanate from us, if that is not the case.
Breach of this AUP
It will be my sole decision as to whether there has been a breach of this AUP through your use of the Website. Where I believe that you have breached the AUP, I may take whatever action I feel is appropriate in the circumstances.
Failure to comply with this AUP constitutes a material breach of the Website Terms, which could result in me taking any of the following actions:
- issue of a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Website;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach and/or further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as I reasonably feel is necessary.
I exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this AUP. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and I may take any other action I reasonably deem appropriate.