Inspired by a creation of Roald Dahl.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces almonds, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup sug
- 1 quart good-quality vanilla icecream
- Make krokan first. Lightly grease a piece of aluminum foil placed on a baking sheet.
- Mix the butter, chopped almonds, and sugar in a heavy skillet.
- Place over moderate heat and cook, stirring constantly and taking care that the mixture doesn’t burn.
- When it’s a good golden color, pour the mixture onto the greased aluminum foil.
- Allow the krokan to cool completely.
- When cool, place in plastic bad and lightly crush into small pieces by rolling over it with rolling pin.
- Let icecream soften at room temperature and then stir in crushed krokan until thoroughly mixed.
- Place icecream mixture back in freezer until frozen again.