Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Easy - for beginners
I am not really a fried rice fan, but I had some leftovers that needed to be used up and there wasn't enough for a meal, so I devised this recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked rice (white, brown, etc)
- 2-3 TBS butter or cooking oil
- Egg, lightly beaten (1 or 2 depending on how much egg you want in it)
- mix & match any of the items below:
- shredded carrot
- diced celery
- frozen peas
- frozen corn
- chicken, beef, pork, ham, Spam (diced or shredded)
- pineapple chunks
- olives, sliced or chopped (black, green or kalamata)
- onion, sliced, diced or chopped
- 1/2 cup broth (match the meat i.e. chicken broth if you’re using chicken)
- soy sauce to taste
- (optional/additionall spices to taste.. garlic, ginger, Chinese 5 spice)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite bottled sauce (i.e. Teriyaki, sweet & sour, etc.)
Heat canola oil in large fry pan. Add the crunchiest veggies first, adding the others 1 minute after each other. Add lightly beaten egg(s). Cook and stir until egg is cooked through. Add your choice of meat (if any). Add rice and mix well. Add sauce ingredients (or pre-made sauce) and mix well. Heat through.
Serve as the main course or as a side to your favorite entree.