Masak Titik Bok Kua
- 1 whole raw papaya
- 5 candlenuts
- 8-10 shallots
- 3 red chillies
- 1 tbsp white peppercorns
- half inch belachan
- 500g fresh prawns, cleaned and shelled
- 1 pc salted fish, cut into small pieces
- 1 large soup bowl of water
- 5-6 laksa leaves
- cooking oil
- First peel the papaya, cut into half lengthwise, then cut the halves into half lengthwise again. Remove the seeds and slice the papaya into small bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Next, pound the candlenuts, shallots, chillies and belachan into a rempah. Then add in the white peppercorns.
- Then, heat up some cooking oil in a kuali. When the oil is hot, fry the rempah until naik minyak.
- Then add in the fresh prawns and salted fish, stir fry.
- Next, add in the papaya and 1 soup bowl of water. Mix well and let it boil.
- Add in some salt, sugar and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer until the papaya is tender.
- Finally, throw in the laksa leaves. Serve.