Preparation time: 30 min
Curried chicken salad from former Madison restaurant 'Ovens of Brittany' which was served at Madison's Concerts on the Square every Wed. night in the summer.
- 3 ½ cups chopped & cooked chicken (about 4 large breasts)
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ pound snow peas, stringed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (we use a lot more)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (we use more)
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Serve on buns, croissants, or salad greens.