Pear Ginger Ricotta Gelato
Serves: 8-10 servings
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 can (14 oz.) pear halves in unsweetened juice
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, ricotta cheese, sugar, ginger, vanilla and cinnamon stick. Bring just to a boil. Strain into a clean large bowl, discarding cinnamon stick. Let cool to room temperature.
- Drain pears, reserving 3 tbsp. juice. Chop pears. Stir pears into milk mixture along with reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate until completely cold or overnight.
- Stir milk mixture. Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.