Preparation time: 20
Cooking time: 45
Easy - for beginners
Baked Goat Cheese with Tomato Sauce and Mushrooms
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 log (about 10 oz.) goat cheese, sliced crosswise in ¾ inch discs
- 4 cups homemade, or jarred tomato sauce
- 1 whole baguette
- 5 tbl olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup roasted mushrooms (see recipe below)
- Roasted Mushrooms Ingredients:
- 1 lb mushrooms (button or cremini)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Warm tomato sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch slices (tostas) and place on a baking sheet. Rub each tosta with raw garlic clove and brush each tosta lightly with olive oil. Place under the broiler and brown each side of the bread slices (tostas).
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Pour tomato sauce into a 9-inch square, or similar size baking dish.
- Top with goat cheese slices.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Top with roasted mushrooms and continue to bake for 3-5 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.
- Place each dish on a larger plate and surround it with the tostas. Serve hot.
Roasted Mushrooms Directions:
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Trim mushrooms and slice thickly
- In a medium bowl, toss mushrooms with thyme, oil, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread mushrooms onto baking sheet in one layer.
- Roast 12 to 15 minutes until browned.