Preparation time: 15-30mins
Cooking time: 60mins
It's something I threw together based on my cravings, very easy to prepare
- Spaghetti - about 2 - 3 servings
- 1 can of sardines, removed from tomato base, bones removed and set aside
- 1 small can of baked beans
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, sliced
- handful of chilli (vary for spicy level), sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped roughly
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1 potato, baked/boiled til soft and cut into cubes (optional)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbspn cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare spaghetti as per package instructions; drain well and set inside a baking dish
- arrange in the potatoes (if any) and the sardines over the spaghetti
- scatter some cheese and pepper over
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan, add garlic and onions and fry until fragrant and the onions are more translucent
- Add in the tomato sauce from the sardines, and the chilli. Fry until thoroughly mixed.
- Lower the heat to allow the sauce to simmer, stir in the baked beans.
- Remove from heat, add in the egg and stir it in to mix it well.
- Cover the spaghetti with the sauce, add in more cheese and pepper if desired.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and put into oven for about 60 mins, you can open the foil about 10mins before ready to serve!
Once ready, just need to mix it all through to make sure the spaghetti is well covered with the sauce.