Preparation time: 25
Cooking time: 25
Looking for a healthy twist on a classic dish? You'll love this simple and delicious smoked haddock poached in milk recipe!
- ½ pint Avonmore Light 1% milk
- 1 Naturally Smoked Haddock Fillet
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- Use a wide shallow sauté pan to simmer the milk and the onion together.
- Prepare the fillet into 4 portions and then place in the simmering milk.
- Gently simmer for about 20 minutes, swirling the milk and making sure the top of the fish is covered.
- Put the haddock under the grill for a few minutes before serving.
- Peel the just steamed potatoes and slightly break them up with a fork.
- In each bowl place a piece of fish and pour over some of the liquid and poached onions.
- Spoon some of the crumbled potatoe and fish into the bowl.
- Sprinkle with the roughly spring onions, chopped parsley, and season with a little white pepper.
Image from nikonvscanon under Creative Commons: