Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 55 min
Easy - for beginners
This cake is so moist and rich and just perfect for this time of year.
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 heaping teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 medium Gala or Fuji or Honey Crisp apples
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and oil.
- Peel and slice the apples and add to mixture in bowl (coating as you go to keep apples from turning brown.)
- Mix together the baking soda and flour and add to the ingredients in the bowl. Mix well (best with a fork) until all of the flour is absorbed by the wet ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a greased one 9x13 or two 9³ round pans.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes.