Cooking time: 45 minutes
Easy - for beginners
- medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. margarine
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 pkg Soft tofu, pureed
- 1/2 cup milk or unsweetened soya Beverage
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar, swiss or soy cheese, grated
- garnish with fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Saute onion and garlic in margarine until transparent.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add tofu and soya beverage (or milk). Stir over low heat until thick. Remove from heat.
- Add sliced potatoes to tofu mixture and pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese 15 minutes before removing from oven.
- Ready to serve