Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Easy - for beginners
Serves: Makes 12 Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 pkg. soft tofu
- 1 1/2 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 220*F. Grease two baking sheets
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With a pastry blender cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, mix tofu and water until blended. With a fork, stir tofu mixture into flour mixture. The dough will be of soft, sticky consistency. Add more water if necessary.
- On a lightly floured surface, lightly knead dough. Divide dough in half. Pat out dough into a circle and cut into 6 pieces. Place on baking sheets about 4 cm apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets. Serve warm with margarine.